Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2616 Display problems (Avaya/Nortel CS1000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlemite

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2010
SE
I am running M2616 phones off an Avaya/Nortel CS1000. Sometimes the displays on the phones just show up with all black squares/hashes but the phone, dial tone etc work fine. To fix this we have just been unplugging and plugging in the phone untill it goes away.

Does anyone know the fix to this. The users is finding it frustrating, and I'm a bit tired of not knowing what's causing the problem.

Thanks much.

Probably a display going bad I would just change the phone.

Think about for a minute how old those phones actually are. Could be as much as 20 to 25 years old. I know I was installing them in 1991.

The M2616 was introduced in 1989 and discontinued in October 2004. So that phone is between 10-25 years old. You have got more than a useful life out of it.

I have a newer M2616 from 2001 and an older M2616 from 1994, for some reason the 1994 telephone has better sound quality though the handset, for paging and leaving voicemail, etc. Is there something that changed along the way? I've tried different handsets too.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

These phones had 2 series, Aries I (1989 - 1997) and Aries II (1997 -2004). Maybe that's the difference or you could try changing the whole phone not just the handset.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

The display is bad. We use M2616 and M2008 w/ display. I only have to replace about one a month. Not bad considering that they are over 20 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back