Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2008 display not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkie37

Programmer
Sep 26, 2007
CA
I have recently replaced a defective M2008 set with a new one. There is NO display nor program key (07). I have checked the CLS and all appears to be okay. There was no power supply connected. Do I need a power supply? If so what is the power rating?
The original set was a NT2K08GL. The new set is a NT2K08XD.

Thx JIM

The layout as to where the set is located is - One set is at the Bar (M2008)working fine. The set in question is located in the kitchen - not working. The original kitchen set (M2008)was defective and thus replaced.
The replacement new (M2008) does not work at either location. Thus my question, do I need a transformer? I also disabled and enabled the set. Still no go. The programming for both the working set and Kitchen set are the same.

Move a known working set to the kitchen. And no, you don't need a transformer

Thanks KC, I will try that. I do appreciate your reply

Check the line cord - I have found some (especially on refurb'ed phones) are rolled (unrolled?) from a "Normal" silver satin line cord. Or maybe it had a wrong cord, and you put a correct one in place, which rolled the pairs. You can waste a lot of effort on something stupid....
30n30w

I reused the original cord that was attached to the original set.
I been informed that the NEW sets that I purchased are a M2008 Aries I version. There is also an Aries II version. The Aries I set, apparently requires an external power supply. I will find one and try same.

The older phones would have been a NTZK and the newer phones an NT2k.

KC - My error in reading the original label on the set? You're saying it is 'Z' versus '2'??

Correct, if you have a NTZK you will need power. The NT2K phones are the newer version and require no power supply. What is the part# you have?

KC - it is the newer version that I am having the problem with.
20150805_115408_hokeyc.jpg

If possible, send those sets back and get some Aires 2 sets. Less hassle when moving them etc.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back