Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2008 Audio Output Sound Quality Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLSbutton

Technical User
Mar 2, 2010
US
I've been testing quite a few M2008 HF Vintages lately and I cannot understand a sound quality issue between them.

I have 2 M2008 phones with date codes 1998 and 1994. When paging through the phones it sounds like a microphone with bass and stereo clarity. It's almost too clear!

Then, I tested 3 newer M2008s all year 2000 and on, and the sound quality on the paging sounds "analog" like....

Lastly, I bought a Unit on ebay dated 1997, and it sounds tinny and analog too......I can't figure it out. The 1998 model sounds better than the 1997 model, very strange.

Did something change in the manufacturing that depleted the audio quality output on these phones?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Here are some Part numbers:

M2008HF with Part Number: NT9K08AD35 sounds amazing, stereo audio

Part Numbers: NT2K08GL03 and NT9K08AD03 sounds tinnier than a tin can when talking to a different party.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back