Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M1 ETHERNET NETWORK AND CISCO SWITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2008
US
I am trying to find out how to connect an option 61c M1 ethernet network to the local company network through a cisco 3560G switch. I am trying to find out how to set up the cisco to seperate the phone system port from other traffic and get the phone system connected to the network to access programming from the outside.

We use lantronix uds 1100's to allow programming thru ip. We hook one of the tty ports from the pbx up to the lantronix box and it allows access via ip. You probably will want a static ip address to hook the lantronix box also.

I just RLogin directly into the Elan interface of the PBX.

I'm with pronei.

Make sure you have a few pseudo-tty's built, get yourself a program that can handle the RLogin protocol - I user SecureCRT, make sure your e-lan interface is configured with a valid IP address that you can ping, and you are in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back