Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M: Drive Access - Exchange 2000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj92713696

Programmer
Nov 23, 2000
US
What are the default permissions for the exchsrvr user account for Exchange 2000? My account seems to have lost its privledges, for I am not able to access the contents of my M: drive and do restores of mailboxes. I get an access denied error message. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
CJ

You should not be backing up the M: drive any way, get a decent software package for your backup and do it properly

I'm not backing up my M: drive manually. I want to access the drive as I've always done before this problem surfaced.

The M: drive on and Exchange 2000 server is for Active Directy. It is not to be used or backed up. If you use "M:" for a mapped drive , find a new letter

I do not use M: as a mapped drive. M: appears on my server hosting my Exchange services. Before I did a hardware upgrade, I was always able to browse this directory as I would any other directory on the server. After the upgrade, I was no longer able to access the M: drive directory. I can browse to it, but when I click on a user's folder it says "Access denied." It's probably more of a security issue with my "exchsrvr" user account. What permissions are needed for "exchsrvr" for this account to access all user's e-mail?

Thanks,
CJ

as I know M: drive is default exchange drive, which automatically created when u install exchange 2000. U can access it in IISManager. I Hope It's help

Should I think about mapping my M: drive on my network to something else? Everything seems to be working ok.

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

That's what I'm saying. I can't access the M: drive's individual user directories using the exchsrvr account. I get an Access Denied error message. Before I performed the upgrade, I was always able to browse each of these directories. It has to be a permission issue w/my exchsrvr user account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back