Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M 7208 won't hang up on CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

phdude

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have a location with a M7208 that won't hang up. I have placed three phones at same ext and none will hang up everytime. System is CICS ver 4.0 or better. Also need help to program restrictions for no long distance at several exts. I can't seem to find the restiction program as I normally do.

Thanks as always for this forum and it's great members!

do you mean that the external calls doesnt get disconnected when you disconnect/ RLS
or is it happening even when u call an extension adn disconnect?

I'll check it for sure. I do know it does it on outside calls. I'll check intercom calls tonight.

evry set has its own restriction table under terminals and sets ... i think restriction 6 by default locks long distance

senk1s, They don't each have their own restriction table but you can access the filters as a whole thru terminals & sets. if you change a restriction filter there it will effect all of the sets/lines that use that filter. the default filer 01 is a generic long distance restriction that will allow 800, 888,877 and 911 calls. depending on the software level you may have to go in and add 866 as an override to allow 866 toll free calling also. if you assign Normal:01and night:01 under Terminals & Sets->restrictions->Set restrns->filters->normal:

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

thanks for pointing out my mistake jerryreeve ...
i was meaning to say that each set can have its own restriction level and i screwed up !!

When I tried to look for restrictions I think it led me to night schedule. I could not find the default filters list.

As always thanks for the help.[bigsmile]

enter an ext U want 2 restrict & press SHOW again
& should say LINE ACCESS n display, press NEXT until
U see Restrictions...press SHOW ,sez restrict filters,press SHOW & enter Filter 2 build...I usually start with 05...press SHOW & should say NO Restrictions & have softkey to ADD...press ADD & enter 1& the ANY, key or 9,1 for CTX...press SHOW& NEXT & add overides for toll #'s....press HEADING key to get back to Restrcitions heading..press next for SET restrictions & change set to have filter 05...should be 02 by default....U then can copy just the Restriction prog'g to other sets....If U can't do this ,call a tec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back