Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lync Plugin with Office 365 - contact sync issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwiphil69

Technical User
Mar 17, 2009
ES
Hi,

We are successfully using the Avaya Lync plugin with Office 365. Incoming calls are screen popping a Lync window, outgoing calls can be made from the Lync client. I am saying Lync, but of course its now called Skype for Business.

My issue is around the syncing of contacts to the plugin. I have not been able to accurately narrow down how to add a new contact, update their phone number, and have it available to be called via the Lync plugin. Some contacts update after a day or more, some never. In each case, within Lync I can click on the contact and show their contact card which shows a phone number, but the Avaya plugin states "Phone Number Not Published".

Does anyone know the dynamics of the syncing? Any ways known to force a sync?

Cheers, Phil

IPO: 9.1.1.0
One-X: 9.1.1.0 build 11, running on dedicated App server
Lync Plugin: 6.3.2

I had some fun with this trying to configure the Avaya client applications for CM.

I was having a hard time adding numbers in AD and getting them down to the Lync client.

Basically, I had to add in AD, then force the Lync server to sync its book and then close the client, hack some registry keys to force the client to sync from the server and go from there. It totally sucked.

If you're in a hosted environment, I'd probably raise the question with MS. I'd like to think that with you running several of their hosted cloud apps on a PC at once, that you would be able to more or less instantly reflect changes between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back