Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lync Dial-in Conferencing + DTMF controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

arell12

Technical User
Feb 17, 2005
CA
Implementing Lync Dial in Conferencing and I have a question. If the leader of the conference joins and starts the conference using their LYnc client on their local computer how does that leader get the recorded information from guests? I see that if you are a leader you can dial into your conference and use the DTMF control *3 to privately play the name of each participant, but how can you do that from a Lync Client? From the Lync client it just shows guests as guests with a number that they dialed in from, but how can I hear what that guest recorded as their name?

I just tested that and you're right, I can't figure out a way to do it from the Lync client (without the exit and entry announcements turned on), but can do it from a dialed in connection (if that connection is a leader/presenter).

My thinking is it is for identification purposes where you can't see how many and who is attending through a standard phone. But in the Lync client you can see how many and the authenticated people clearly, as well as the dialed in attendees by number.

I agree with Texeric's assumption. The fact that you can see them in the client negates the need for the annoucements, somewhat. But it leaves out those who are dialed in via phone, without a Lync client, from knowing who's joining or leaving.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

When in a conference as the leader, does clicking on the icon to the left of the paper clip, and toggling "Play entry and exit announcements" yield your desired result?

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

In my past experience entry and exit tones are somewhat annoying to the users. For instance if you have a large conference and people are joining late the interruptions get excessive. And near the end of a conference people are dropping off and this also becomes interrupting.

What I was hoping is that the "Guests" that dialed in an were prompted to record their name was somehow accessible through the Lync client. This would help leaders secure private and confidential conferences.

Thanks for looking into this.

In those cases they would need to create a locked Lync meeting, in their Lync meeting options. Then let in from the lobby those that the leader wanted to be in the call or better to outcall to the numbers you know who should be on the call.

I can see the issue of not easily identifying the non-authenticated callers, by name (guest), phone # or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back