Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lync as a Call Center option

Status
Not open for further replies.

hebegb41

Technical User
Aug 28, 2008
US
My company is actually considering replacing the PBX we have now with a solution from Lync for our Call Center. We have about 500+ agent seats and use all sorts of call center centric solutions. Call monitoring, Skills based routing, Menuing on incoming calls, IVR on some applications, Multi Media at the agent desktop....and the biggie...REPORTING....tons of Call Center reporting.....We also integrate with work force management services and software right from the PBX.
Does anyone have experience with a Lync solution similar to this in scale? Does Lync provide this level of intricacy in a call center environment.....I have looked at the MS site and it promises you just about everything but I am skeptical.......

Lync has a basic Call Center funtion called Responce Groups... Very Basic! It cant replace your current system. Id highly recommend Lync but you may want to look for a 3rd party Contact Center App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back