Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lync 2013 (skype for business) Conferencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletech2

Technical User
Jul 28, 2009
US
We have an Avaya CM 6.3 and Session Manager. We also have Lync 2013 (Skype for Business). We want to leverage the conferencing capability in Lync. Not looking to do enterprise voice, just make use of the conference capability. Have a DID set up on CM, pointed to Session Manager via internal sip trunk and have adapatation, sip entity, etc set up in SM. Everything appears to be working fine on the Avaya side. When I do a traceSM, It all looks good up to the point where I get a 400 Bad Request. If I do a list trace on the station I am calling from, I get a "denial event 1192: Temporary failure D1=0x9e44 D2=0x229. I think my issue is on the Lync end, but have racked my brain and cannot find it. Please note that I am not a server person or a network person, strictly a phone geek! I have tried finding documentation from microsoft, but without much success. Any help would be much appreciated!

Two big considerations when dealing with SFB and CM.

First you need to be using G.711 or SIREN as the codecs. SFB does not support G.729 or many of the wideband codecs.

The second is the Call Access Control on the SFB side and how sometimes the SFB server will send back Microsoft proprietary tags in the SIP conversation (such as MS-Bypass) that Session Manager just doesn't understand.

Using Snooper on the mediation server will help you nail down which side is the culprit. Not a server guy here either but if you can find and use the tools you should be able to resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back