Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LUN signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdubb

MIS
May 6, 2004
US
Two servers that will use share data space were brought online at the same time allowing one server to see some SAN space, but not all. I need to clear up this issue. Is anyone aware of a utility that would allow me to erase a signature off a a LUN, so that another server can claim it without having to redo all of the assingments?

What is the OS and what is the exact issue you are currently experiencing.

By simply shutting the servers down and bringing one of them up should correct this.

I'm sorry it's Windows Server 2003. I did try shutting both down and bringing only one up. This server shows 4 of 9 available luns online.

Was the server able to see all 9 before? Have you gone into disk management to import the disk if they are there?

What are your HBA's, their driver, and firmware versions?

It was always able to see all 9, but could only initialize 5 when they were discovered in Disk Manager. HBA's are Q Logic 2340 w/ driver v9.1.2.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back