Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lun migration - directly connected DMX-Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjivusa

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
US
I have DMX DIRECTLY CONNECTED to SunFire 12K box [ no San switch]. I want to migrate Luns (Veritas volumes) from SunFire to Another Newly installed Sun box. Please review and suggest if you think something is missing or procedure is incorrect -

a) Install HBA driver,powerpath,Timefinder,Veritas in newly installed Sun(solaris) box.

b) unmount and deport all Veritas vol gr. from SunFire 12K box.

C) Detach Fibre connectivity from 12K and connect it to newly installed Sun HBA ports.Update sd.conf and reconfig reboot.

D)All disks(LUNs) should be visible on this box after reboot. Import all volumes.

I think as all LUNs are mapped to FA and no local config stored on host/HBA , above procedure should work. Please suggest!

Hi, if sanmaskdb is used (earlyer called volume logics) you have to change the settings for this new HBA on the DMX !

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back