Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent winmodem supports but does not recognize caller id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usalabs1

Technical User
Jun 29, 2003
US
How can I get the Lucent winmodem to recognize caller id signals from the phone company?

I have caller id software that uses 2 types of AT commands, AT#CID which returns an error, but AT+VCID=? shows (0-2)

The software then chooses AT+VCID=1 to eneble caller id, but the modem does not recognize the signals.

I tried using terminal to directly access the modem, then issued AT+VCID=1 to eneble caller id, then ATS0=3 to change the number of rings, I then asked a friend to call the home phone, while it was ringing it shows 'Ringing.....' 3 times, but nothing showing for the caller id.

Do you pay for the Caller ID Service from your local Telco?

Jim

yes, the caller id works on a borrowed caller id phone.

I use buzme free software which shows me the caller id as well as gives me a chance to give reply to the caller as "will call back in X min. or call me back in X min.".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back