Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent Win Modem installation snags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2002
GB
I am having a problem installing a Lucent 56K PCI Win Modem on a Win98 machine.
When I try to install, I get the message
'Setup cannot load the installer(modem.cpl) for the WDM_MODEM hardware'
Could anyone point me in the right direction to correct this problem (besides buying a decent modem!!!)

Regards and Many Thanks
Jackmetickler

The Lucent chipset is probably the best V.90 dial-up modem on the market. That is because it has the best through put. Some modems will connect at 53000 but the through put is only 28800. Lucent usually is close to the connection speed. Through put is more important than connect speed.

As for your problem, this doesn't sound like a Lucent problem. You might try extracting the modem.cpl file from your Win98 disk or do a complete re-install like Jackmetickler suggested.
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Dear sir,
I am having a problem installing a Lucent 56K PCI Win Modem on a Compaq Armada 110, windows 2000,machine.

I am having Compaq Armada 110 Laptop with Win 200 OS, and Lucent win modem is inbuilt with the laptop.

I can access Internet thru this Modem without any problem, but I am not able to connect my Lotus Notes Server thru this modem, because this modem's driver file, are not listed in Lotus Notes Modem folder. Lotus Notes Modem's folder are having 260 driver file with *.mdm extension.

For Example :-
Lce144p.mdm
Lcenum.mdm

So, it is difficult to me the configure the "Lucent win modem" to my laptop.

kindly arrange to provide me solution. It will be very helpful for me.

with regards,

Deepak Barua

To Deepak Barua goto control panel find the modem icon do a diagnostics on your modem take note of the AT commands then, with Lotus notes you can edit the .mdm file that is being used for conecting to the server -File-Preferences-user preferences-click on the ports button. Your modem is most likely on com 3 select it and click on the com 3 options button, cilck on the modem file button edit the files AT commands with the same commands as you saw when you did a diagnostics on your modem from control panel etc. etc. Comment out the existing AT commands and insert your own do a save and give it a go. I did this and it worked ok for me.[thumbsup2]

i have a lucent win modem...and after about every fifth uses or something...it would no longer work and requires me to reinstall...this is usually fine since i have an installer of my own...however i recently formatted one of my hard drives and no longer have acces to the installer....so can anybody help me get a new one?? or send me theirs in zip format?? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back