Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent Venus K56 Flex won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielLee

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
MX
Hi,
I have a Lucent Venus 56K Flex modem running on a NEC Versa 6050MX that I cant get to connect to my ISP. I get the error code #629 (disconnected by remote machine).

I have downloaded a new driver from

w.phoebemicro.com/Support/Driver_Download/56K_PCMCIA_Driver/56k_pcmcia_driver.html

I have run some strings to get the modem to connect either at 56K or V.90 (S109=2 and S109=0) with no results.

I have Norton System Works 2001 installed and it does not report any .dll errors etc.

I have reconfigured the TCP/IP, uninstalled and reinstalled the communications on the windows 98SE I am running; I have tried several Network set-ups all with no luck.

Is there a place I can call with my modem, which will then record what happens? I could then go to the website with a computer that works and get a report on what did or did not happen when I tried to connect with my modem. (Just a thought).

Here are the numbers for my modem...

Model Number- FB-1456QC-T4
FCC # 118 NTAI-33298-PT-E
P/N 89096130

I don’t even know if this modem is compatible with my computer, the Computer website

Does not give me enough information to tell. I am a bit new at the modem thing and I would like to get this project behind me.

Any assistance appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Daniel "Five minutes at a time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back