Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent BCMS performance Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxman

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
Hello -
We currently use a Definity G3si/Intuity system using BCMS as our real-time interpreter. BCMS connects to our switch via a very SLOW 9600baud modem from the NT BCMS server. Our problem is that our "real-time" updates take between 30-60 seconds, and incorrect data is shown on the supervisors' screens as a result...I wish i could show an example in a real-time report - but it's not correct, and Avaya cant help us either..Hold-times are the most important factors, and we do have q-time/q-calls buttons setup on the phones (which are truly real-time & conflict with BCMS).
We are running an NT4.0 Workstation for the BCMS server, and we must run BCMS client on the server as well to run historical reports (long story, but BCMS is not compatible with our in-house software).

Does anybody else have this issue, and what can be done about it? Avaya (of course) recommends CMS with a network 100Mbit interface for like $100K...our Definity only can send at 9600baud serially - is there anybody else out there using BCMS faster than 9600baud?

There's so much more to explain - i hope this is thorough enough..thanks guys.

It may not be your 9600 BPS link. BCMS is considered by the Definity Software to be a System Administration/Maintenance (SAT) function. SAT software has a lower priority than call processing so if your G3si is running at high processor occupancy handling call processing, your SAT functions will be slow. An easy way to see if this is the problem is to check response times of BCMS on off peak hours vs. peak hours. Also look at your processor occupancy for off peak and peak hours. If the processor occupancy is below about 60% and you still are getting slow BCMS updates, let me know and I will look into other connection methods.

Leo V. Brown

Thanks for answering Leo. Our processor Occ is constantly Low..we're not stressing the switch out at all, and I've never seen it above 30% Occupancy even on our busiest days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back