Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent 6408D+ sets working on IP office

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDL123

Vendor
Sep 17, 2009
US
I have a customer that just cutover from definity to IP Office. They reused some of their 6408D+ sets, we have had several of the modules go down intermittently. I am aware that the sets are not supported by Avaya, just wondering in anyone has had the same problem. If we unplug the 1st 5 ports of the expansion module the module will reset.

Thanks,
PDL123

they work up to 6.1 and only on ds16 or ds 30 modules.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

tlpeter is correct about only up to 6.1 but, I do believe they will work on the Base unit as well.

The 4400 serise can only be used on expansion untis

NYSTECH, you could be right.
I always mix those two up :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

they do work on the base unit, however if you fill up three ds 8 cards with then they seem to pull too much power and dont come back on after a system reboot!

I would stick to the DS16 and DS30 modules!

ACSS SME
APSS SME

img.php

I have a site running 6408 handsets on version 7.0(23) with no issues - to be fair they only have about 8 out of 90 odd extensions (the rest are 2410/2420) but we haven't had any issues.

| ACSS SME |

The 64xx ( except 6402 ) sets work fine on R7, on DS8 cards, and external modules.
They are just not supported by Avaya in R7, so if there is a bug/problem, there will be no fix.
I think Avaya should have droped the 44xx sets, not the 64xx sets.
The 64xx sets are still very popular with companies, even though they are old school. It is a shame and most of them are "mouse grey".

NYSTECH is right, the 44xx will not power up on internal DS 8 cards, only external modules, as 44xx use more power than 64xx, 24xx phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back