Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LTO Drives in an L700e library

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHWS

Technical User
Nov 25, 2003
US
I have four LTO drives in an L700e library and have had difficulties getting two of them to work. Using Netbackup 4.5fp3 and ACSLS 6.1.1 LTO's are IBM Ultrium td1 Gen1. The two in question do not show the serial number or the firmware version in the Netbackup Device Screen. All four drives will load media when requested but only two actually start to write data. The other still just sit there active and wait till the other drives are available then write info.. I have completed deleted the drives and restarted from scratch to eliminate any path problems and still the problem persists. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. P.S. The master/media servers are HP900 hp-ux
TIA J

I would call STK and have them re-install the DRIVE firmware.

whats the purpose for ACSLS in your environment?

Also how are you cabling up this solution? I have seen 84 errors that were based on cable issues.

Check the PINS on the cables for the drives in question, they could be bent.

The acsls is needed because we also have mainframe library software using 6 9840 drives in the L700e. The LTO's in question are fibre connected to a non-master media server. I did find something interesting though. The loop id was the same exact number for two of the drives. So I called STK and got the ok to change the number on one of them. This did not work but I'm not sure if I would need a reboot of the robot for this change to take effect?? Or a reboot of the media server?? I will probably call STK today and have them take a look at things today. Will let you know if I make any headway. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back