Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent>

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubychyld

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
US
<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent>
Is this the only way to make the bg of a flash movie transparent in the browser?

Thanks. Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

Yes! And to my knowledge only works with IE not NS!
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

I just wanted to say... that I have been glad to find out that there is a code that you can add makes your movie take on any background color you choose.

I had some swfs and tried to make them transparent, but like oldnewbie said, it does not work in Netscape, a browser that is frustrating to me, but I took the transparent code off and just made the background of the movie the color of the page so that it appears as if you used the transparent code.

If you do not already know how to make the background of your movie any color you like from the html coding here it is: BGCOLOR=&quot;#whatever color you want here&quot;

Place that in the embed part. This is what I've done and it blends in with the movie. All browsers support the bgcolor code.

It might blend... But is certainly not transparent!
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back