Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<CFERROR>

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanch78

Programmer
Nov 4, 2000
MY
Hello... Hope that somebody may be able to help me understand <CFERROR>. How do I use it and where should I put it? Thanks.

The CFERROR tag is great to customize the default error template. It is used to display a standard HTML page when errors occur. The tag takes three parameters: template (which refers to the template in which you want to display your errormessage) and mailto (the e-mail address of the webmaster for example.
There's two error Type it can handle: Request (which refers to the processing of the page) and Validation
The tag usually is placed within the application.cfm page, that's also the template to place error-handling code for Validation error-types.
For more info, read the manual, I'm sure it will help. <webguru>iqof188</webguru>

Structured error handling starts eith using CFTRY/CFCATCH, and can include generating &quot;custom error codes&quot; to be handled.

Set up a site wide &quot;catch all&quot; error routine to handle the truly &quot;unexpected&quot; errors, and you are in business.

You may want to read through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back