Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<b>So Confused</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattons

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
US
So, get this. I just inherited an old Cyrix MII 300GP system. I have absolutely no idea what to do with it other than use it as a paperweight. Does anyone out there have a suggestion? Anything with at least some purpose would be helpful, as I am clueles as to what to do with it. Thanx folks.

Pattons

[Cheers]
[PC3]

It'd make a fine Linux webserver/mailserver/backup server/anythingyoulike server :)

Failing that, it should run Windows 98 just fine for your auntie or a local charity organisation.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

A friend of mine has an old Cyrix 300 system and that is his computer.He loves it- runs all the games he wants without a hitch (He's running old stuff with a 4Mb voodoo card) and he does his Taxes and word processing.

If you don't want it,then I'm sure there's someone a lot more in need than you. Donate it to your local Church group or give it to some poor kid with cancer or something.There's always someone who will think it's the best thing they ever had! :)

PAUL

Giving is good thing.....giving it to a child that would need it for school or something is even better. Definitely a good feeling. Then, of course, there are other things such as personal back-up server, OS experimentation, worlds first Cyrix MP3 Home Stereo Server....there are a ton of things...it's all in the imagination. That is, if you want to keep it to use it. Jay [atom]

"Jeezus-sqeezits Bob!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back