Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<b>Nortel MICS & Mediatrix for remote extension</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellanet

ISP
Feb 2, 2012
US
thread799-985624:Remote Ext
Much like this closed thread I have a Norstar MICS phone system at a clients office and I'm trying to set up a remote extension using the 7316E phone. I was advised to use two Mediatrix 1102's but once I placed the order the Mediatrix 1102's where no longer available so I was sent two Mediatrix 4102's (the replacement for the 1102 ?).... I was unable to find any documentation beyond the brochure touting the fact that you can connect two end points for a remote extension of a PBX. After looking over the Media5corp.com site the only info close was a document on how to connect a Mediatrix 1202 and a Mediatrix 4104 for a remote extension of a PBX... I purchased a Mediatrix 1202, followed the document to the letter (3 or 4 times) and cannot get the phone to connect to the Norstar MICS... I am also having a hell of a time finding anyone else who has done, attempted or even thought of doing this. I have both units on public IP addresses with all of the ports open. My only clue is the sound of the dial tone, the internal dial tone sounds different than the normal dial tone that I can get from the Mediatrix 4102 with a standard one line phone, but I'm unable to use this phone with the MICS system?!. Any help or guideance would be very much appreciated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back