Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<B> <i>RPC Question SQL Error </i></B>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meleagant

Programmer
Aug 31, 2001
US
This is way way way over my head. I got a SQL error that caused almost everything connected to this SQl Server to stop functioning.

LogEvent: Failed to report the current event. Operating system error = 1717(The interface is unknown.).
AND
Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1

I tried to research this and I ended up figuring out it was caused by RpcServerInqIf. But I can't find anything IN ENGLISH that explains what this proc does. Can anyone help?!?!?!

I did a search on Microsoft's Tech-Net site and this is the only article I found...

It mentions rpcserverinqif near the end and it's in the section that starts:

Supported Platforms for Runtime APIs

The following functions are supported only by 32-bit Windows NT platforms:
and rpcserverinqif is in this list.

-SQLBill

Yeah, I found that article too, I was hoping for something in English. This article looks like it has to do with programming with RPC. I was just running a SQL database, with users hitting the DB for information. Whatever RPC procs I was using were transparent to me. Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-- Joe --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back