Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<b>Critical report access problem</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinsql

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
IE
I am connecting to the database via the Crystal Report Viewer on the web.

I keep getting a prompt telling me "More Information Needed" asking for the following information...

Enter your UserID and Password for the database.

I was not getting this problem earlier and was viewing the reports without a problem.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thank you for any help.

Delete the report and re-register it to the Enterprise. Seems to work for me! Can't give you a great explanation except that is works...
later

The database has remained the same. The report runs fine by itself. It's only when I run it over the web which leads me to believe it is the web component server

Are you using Crystal Enterprise? It's just that 'More Information Needed' syntactically matches an Enterprise error which occurs if you modified and refreshed the report, without modifying the details on the web server. If this is the case, the default values of the object (including database logon details) have reset, and are prompting you to remind it what the database details were.

Log on to the Crystal Management Console (CMC), find your report object, and re-enter the database details. (Remember to hit Update before you leave the screen!)

Naith

Hi Naith,
I am just using Crystal Reports 8.0 and don't have a CMC.

Hi,

What database you are using. How are you connecting to DB.

If you are using Access and using DSN to connect it, Check your ODBC connection again by going in the properties of DSN. Check if it is set up properly or pointing to correct DB.

Vishal

Hi Robin,

If the report hasn't changed, and we know this thing is between the report and the web server, then it's safe to assume that something's happened on the web server.

If the database is not on the webserver, which I'm assuming it isn't, check that the alias the webserver has for the database is correct. You didn't mention if, when you enter the login details, the report then runs successfully on the web.

If not, try to ping or otherwise connect to the database server from the webserver and see what happens.

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back