Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<b>Create CSV files in client's mechine </b>

Status
Not open for further replies.

kann

Programmer
Feb 16, 2000
US
Hi all,
In my application User has to download report in the form of csv file. This report is dynamically generated depend on
the selection criteria. For this i have used the following code:
<CFSETTING ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY=&quot;Yes&quot;>
<CFCONTENT type=&quot;application/csv.ms-excel&quot;>
<!-- from here the data is retrived from CFlist-->
<CFSETTING ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY=&quot;NO&quot;>

When i try to use &quot;,&quot; in the code to separate cells, The browser is not recognising. If i use Tabs in my code, it is working fine in open mode(file dialog) but not recognise
in save mode(file dialog). And also i have to change system registry in Windows NT by adding content type. I can't change system registry in all clients mechines.

Is there any way i can create csv file with out need of client settings and also get same result for Open and save modes.
thanks
kann

I made this last night to generate a CSV file used in importing Contacts into Outlook.
-----------------------------------------------------------
<CFSET savefilename=&quot;Accounts.csv&quot;>

<cflock timeout=&quot;60&quot; throwontimeout=&quot;Yes&quot; name=&quot;MakeFile&quot; type=&quot;EXCLUSIVE&quot;>

<cffile action = &quot;write&quot;
file = &quot;e:\#savefilename#&quot;
output = &quot;E-Mail,Name,Business Phone,Company,Job Title&quot;>

<cfoutput query=&quot;MakeList_Query&quot;>
<cffile action = &quot;append&quot;
file = &quot;e:\#savefilename#&quot;
output = &quot;#EMAIL#,#NickName# #LastName#,#workphone#,#Company#,#JobTitle#&quot;>
</cfoutput>

</cflock>
<CFOUTPUT>
<a href=&quot;#savefilename#&quot; title=&quot;Download and Import into Outlook&quot;><b>#savefilename#</b></a><br>

#MakeList_Query.RecordCount# Records Added
</CFOUTPUT>
-----------------------------------------------------------

Works like a Champ!
Made it last night a 1am.

Let me know if it helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back