Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<All> option on form to report

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy92211

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
US
Hello. I have a form with several comboboxes. This form will allow users to select whatever criteria they want and print a report using named criteria.

The reports are working fine until I decided that I wanted to add an <all> option in the combobox.

Here's my combobox, named ItemType. The rowsource type is table/query, the rowsource for the ItemType is

Code:
SELECT IRSItemType.ItemTypeID, IRSItemType.ItemType FROM IRSItemType UNION SELECT "*", "<All>" FROM irsitemtype order by irsitemtype.itemtype;

This code does not work. When I try to open this report, I get nothing. But -- when I select an individual item in my itemtype combobox, the report appears fine.

Please help! :)

What is the SQL for the report?

You proable need to change the WHERE to somthing like...

WHERE (IIf([myform]![cmbobox]="(All)",True,False))=false) AND [item]=myform!combobox) OR (IIf([myform]![cmdbox]="(All)",True,False))=true));

ahh... The report's underlying data source is a query.

Here's a sample of the code:

Code:
SELECT IRSItem.ItemType, IRSItem.ItemTypeII, IRSItem.ItemNumber, IRSItem.ItemDescription, IRSItem.Company, IRSItem.CompletionPercentage,  IRSItem.Comments, IRSItem.Name
FROM IRSItem
[b]WHERE (((IRSItem.ItemType)=[forms]![reports]![itemtype]) [/b]AND ((IRSItem.ItemNumber) Not Like ("*F*")) AND ((IRSItem.Name)=[forms]![reports]![auditname])) OR (((IRSItem.Name)=[forms]![reports]![auditname]) AND (("forms]![reports]![itemtype]") Is Null)) OR (((IRSItem.ItemType)=[forms]![reports]![itemtype]) AND (([forms]![reports]![auditname]) Is Null)) OR ((("forms]![reports]![itemtype]") Is Null) AND (([forms]![reports]![auditname]) Is Null));

And in the report, I just have the textbox, [ItemType]. Are you saying that the bolded section in the code above needs to be the code you indicated in the query,
or
I have to change my report textbox? (Or both??)

Thanks!

WHERE ((IRSItem.ItemType=[forms]![reports]![itemtype] OR [forms]![reports]![itemtype]='*') AND ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

But.... I changed that part of the query, and the report still isn't appearing.

The combobox, Itemtype has this are the RowSource:

SELECT IRSItemType.ItemTypeID, IRSItemType.ItemType FROM IRSItemType UNION SELECT "*", "<All>" FROM irsitemtype order by irsitemtype.itemtype;

When I changed the Report's underlying query to match PHV's comment, Nothing appeared.

What needs to be changed in the combobox?

The fields from the right side of the Union must equal the number of fields from the left side. Try this:

SELECT IRSItemType.ItemTypeID, IRSItemType.ItemType FROM IRSItemType UNION SELECT "*" as Choice1, "<All>" as Choice2 FROM irsitemtype order by irsitemtype.itemtype;

Something like this ?
WHERE (IRSItem.ItemType=[Forms]![reports]![itemtype] OR [Forms]![reports]![itemtype]='*')
AND IRSItem.ItemNumber Not Like '*F*'
AND (IRSItem.Name=[Forms]![reports]![auditname] OR [Forms]![reports]![auditname] Is Null);

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back