Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankdaphoneguy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
US
Help!

I am new to the Avaya world, brand new. We currently have 2 Avaya IP PBXs that we are upgrading and integrating, making one an LSP. My question is this. What happens if the G 450 fails? I asked the sales engineers what happens if the Sup Module in the 450 fails? And he said the 450 has no Sup Module. I am from the Cisco IP world. We use 6500 chassis for our converged networks. they use Sup Modules ( Supervisory Modules) and when one fails it takes out everything in that chassis, and everything that is connected to what is in the chassis. So if the 450 fails or the Sup Module goes down, what happens?

LSP stands for Local survivable processor. So if it loses connection to the main system it will keep the local system up and running with whatever resources it has. If the main system is disconnected from the LSP, then the same thing happens. Loss of one of the system will not impact the whole, or at least the resources each one has, local phones, T-1, etc. dialing between the two will be lost, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back