Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSI20320IE Card with Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpanther56

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
Hi all, I have recently purchaced a HP SC11Xe Host Bus Adapter card that is actually this LSI20320IE LSI card. I was told that it should work with an Intel board that I have se7525gp2 but I can't get it to work. I've plugged in the board and when the system boots it shows in teh BIOS and presents the correct information but Windows will not install the driver.

Motherboard link

Adapter info links

I am trying to install on Windows 2003 SP2.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

When you say it will not install, what steps are you using, what happens when you try (errors, freeze etc.)? Have you tried an "over the top" Windows repair install, adding the driver with F6?

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Thanks for the reply I flashed the BIOS (just part of the update process) and when I rebooted the card was magicaly listed correctly with a 2002 Windows driver and seems to be working. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Cheers.

Glad it is up...
Couple of times I needed to load a Windows 2000 driver to load the 2003 OS with other Lsi cards, then once loaded, updated to Windows 2003 driver.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back