Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSI U320 SCSI and PowerEdge 1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnoman

MIS
Feb 21, 2004
I recently installed an IDE hard drive into this system that has an existing RAID1 array. Everything works but whenever the server is booting up, I get:

"PCI Boot ROM, no supported drives found!"
then it says.....Srike F1 key to continue or F2 to runsetup utility.

If I press F1, it boots normally and F2 will bring me into the bios. I didnt see anything in the bios or scsi controller to stop this.

Does anyone know where I can disable this notification so the boot process will not be interrupted?

Thanks,
gnoman

Are there any drives in the RAID? If not then either disable/remove the RAID controller or put some drives on it.

There are currently two 36gb drives which hold the OS.

I misunderstood, sorry. Is the IDE set to boot first in BIOS? I'm guessing that it is, and there's no boot sector on it.

No problem. Thanks for your assistance LawnBoy. The system is setup to boot off the scsi array then IDE hard drive. I am still not sure how to stop the notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back