Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSI SAS1068 in HP Logical Drive Expansion??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesgarten

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2012
US
I have a customer with a HP Proliant ML310 G$. It has the LSI 1068 -IR in it. I had a need to move the array to larger drives.

I installed the new drives one at a time and now the new drives are in place and working fine.

However, the original drives were 80GB and the new drives are 500GB. I cannot find any options in LSI MegaRAID Storage manager to extend the array to tek up the drive. I need to get this finished over the weekend and am going crazy here!

Any suggestions?

GPARTED cannot extend the array either. I also tried Eassus Partition Master to no avail.

Any suggestions or solutions?

In the megaraid storage manager, if you right click the controller,and choose advanced, there should be an option to reconstruct the array, this wizard allows you to change size, and even raid type. At least there is for some of the raid cards.

Nope, don't have any options like that.

The Megaraid Storage Manager I am using doesn't have much in the way of functionality.

I would really like to do this thru the controller than scratch the array and start over with a backup image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back