Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSI MegaRAID BIOS Cluster Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipped

Programmer
Jul 28, 2011
CA
Hi,

Question - Under what conditions is the Cluster option enabled in the LSI MegaRAID BIOS Config Utility, properties of the controller screen? Right now, I currently only have the 'Disabled' option in the drop down box. I am also unable to set ClusterEnable = 1 from the megaraidcli.

The reason I want to set it is because I have two servers, each with an LSI 2108 RAID card, using the same storage chassis (SuperMicro SBB). Any changes that are made to the 1 RAID controller are reflected in the other RAID controller so I am unable to set a different boot virtual disk for each server. The end result is that each server will boot off the same disk and hence into the same operating system. I really want to have the two servers booting off of a different virtual disk. I'm hoping the cluster mode would enable me to do that..

Thanks
S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back