Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSI MegaRAID 150-6 -- Cannot configure array

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicmac

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2009
US
Hello All,

I have a 150-6 SATA RAID adapter and i cannot configure an array via the BIOS Configuration Utility. There is the option to press F10 once you have used space to select drives that you want in your array. F10 does nothing. If I hit enter I get a screen that appears to be for spanning, which makes no sense, and then it returns to the array definition screen which is reset to no drives being selected.

I have updated the mobo BIOS and the adapter BIOS to no avail. I can create an array through the Web Config but I can only select RAID 0, 1, and 5! Also, those options are not dependent on how many disks I select. For instance, I can select one disk and I still have an option for RAID 1 or 5. I have 6 disks that I want in RAID 10, which this card purportedly supports.

The fact that the BIOS CU doesn't allow me to F10 into the configuration options is driving me nuts.

Thanks for your help!
Nic

Update:

I created a RAID 5 array with 6 disks via the Web Config, then entered the BIOS config util and went to "reconstruct array", I can only choose RAID 0 or 5. What's the deal here? The LSI website states:

"Built around intelligent and proven MegaRAID® technology, the MegaRAID SATA 150-6 is a half-size, six-port SATA (Serial ATA) RAID controller with support for RAID levels 0, 1, 5 and more."

The user guide says it can support 10 and 50 as well as 0, 1, 5.

Thanks,
Nic

Thanks for the reply. I found that part of the manual after I gave up on the BIOS CU. I didn't realize at first that I needed to create 3 RAID 1 arrays first and then SPAN them. The newer cards I've worked with are a bit different.

Conclusion, the "web" configuration option works fine if the BIOS CU acts up for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back