Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSI 9341-8i Slow Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioSpeed

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2015
AU
Hey guys,

Been having trouble with an LSI RAID card I bought a few months ago. It's a 9341-8i that has really slow performance and was wondering if anyone has had the same issues and if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm running this RAID card on an Intel server board and only getting about 30mb/s transfer speeds with write cache enabled. I've tried this on 4 different desktop boards and it's absolutely not compatible. I'm also running the latest firmware drivers for the card.

I've created a RAID 5 12TB array (8tb usable) with 4 WD green HDD's and after a min or so of copying files the speed would sit at about 30mb/s. I then created another array with x2 500GB WD HDD in RAID 0 and its also only transferring at 30mb/s.

I have an Adaptec 2405 RAID card in the same Intel server board and can get about 80mb/s transfer speeds using that.

Whats going on?

This card does NOT come with on-board cache. You will not get any better throughput without it. What you have enabled is the hard drive cache, totally different . The lsi 9361 card has the adapter cache.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back