Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lsi 9260-8i raid card. Bios conflict question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostfate

Technical User
May 11, 2011
US
Hi, I have a LSI 9260-8i raid card, and my motherboard is a Evga 790i board.

Now i normally overclock various components but somehow the LSI raid card is converting the Bios changes back to default. Or atleast CPU-z is showing default clocks.

When i open up a windows based bios adjustement program, it shows all the settings i made in the bios correctly.

However i figure its not accurate as the moment i tell it to reapply the same settings, the whole computer locks up. I figure it crashes the raid card which my OS is on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What kind of help are you looking for? You say when you attempt a software overclock the system locks up, and you think that it may be the raid card. My suggestion is to not overclock, or turn the overclock down. If you are looking to overclock, and maintain the overclock you have tried, I would suggest you try an overclocking hardware site like hardocp.com.

Let me rephrase. I dont need any help Overclocking. I know quite well how to do that.

What I do need help with is figuring out why my Bios settings are reverting back to stock settings with the LSI raid card. Basically With the Raid card installed it will NOT let me overclock my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back