Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lsass.exe mising or damaged... monthly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ordisecours

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2004
CA
got a pc here with intermittent recurent problem ; average monthly SINCE 8 MONTH file lsass.exe missing or damage in windows xp...

virus and spyware free... last month I replace hard disk ( have some cluster bad ) ...

this morning when start pc ...lsass.exe missing or damage...

can not boot in safe mode ...

bad hard disk cable ?? or mother board ??

power supply was replace 2 years ago...

pentium 1.8GHZ with 512MB

..._ - _ - every trouble shooting begin with power ON !! we always forgot one day. :) HAVE A NICE DAY.

Hi everyone , thanks for your help,

I'll be on site tonight, will check mem sure (I think I already did, but not sure ...)

Hard disk was replace last month, "should be good", I will check but...not convice

XP was clean install with new H-D...

No acrnois installed or other backup prog or device...

this pc is use for WORD and Internet , business only by a mature lady...(no game or adult thing...)

I will post if I find something tonight.

thanks to all

..._ - _ - every trouble shooting begin with power ON !! we always forgot one day. :) HAVE A NICE DAY.

it is me again,

tonight the exact error code was (( 0xc0000005 lsass.exe initialisation error )) compare to others months (( damage or missing lsass.exe ))

memtest found nothing ...

data cable replace ...same trouble...

replace file with a good one from working pc ...

unpluged everything just leave the monitor...

Always got the error code after windows xp first screen...

did a xp repair , shutdown and reopen 12 times , everything ok...

checked combofix and aproposfix ( nothing to loose...) nothing found suspcious...

we will see in next weeks if problem reapear...

( did asus motherboard with amd have problem known with SP3 ? I think I read somethng in computer mag ,,,)

thanks to read,

did asus motherboard with amd have problem known with SP3 ?
No, only if those mainboards where installed in an HP or some other OEM's who used an Intel Prepared Image for deployment...

it definitely is strange that once in a blue moon, a corruption/deleting of said system files occur...

I had a similar issue quite a while back, where I had an engineer who kept on complaining that his computer would not boot... I fixed it and sure enough one week later I was back again fixing it... the next time I asked him what he had done prior to this happening, and he told me that he deleted only the funny pictures, as it turned out those funny pictures where icons of the system files...

to cut it short, make sure that the operator/owner is not at fault for inadvertently deleting files that they should not be...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

yesterday when I was on site; the lady told me that two days ago the sound doesn't work too, and in word when she try to do a grid ; she's always got fatal error...

I really don't think she open foder that she is not create by her...and deleting things she don't know is her.

My next step,if it hapen again , I think I will flash the bios from asus; I think she have version 2 and bios 5 is avalaaible...

...another mystery of technology...

Could also be an indication that a hardware failure is imminent, e.g. PSU or RAM...

Test the RAM with a bootable memtest such as MemTest 86+...

PSU fluctuations can cause all sorts of strange behavior, only real way of testing is to replace it with a good known one...

one thing to check as well, if the capacitors are not leaking or bulging, look at Capacitor Plague, to see what I am talking about...

keep us posted...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back