Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSASS.exe at 100% utilisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a domain controller running LSASS.exe process at 99to 100%. Consequently the server runs real slooooow

have:
rebooted
patched it up
virus scanned it for 3 days

anyone have a fix for this

thanks in advance

The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back

You need a hot fix from microsoft for this problem. This hotfix has not be publicly released by microsoft.

You may like to perform Windows Updates as well?

Search your registry under the RUN, RUNONCE, SERVICES to see if there are any other illegal registry deposits.

thanks

i installed the latest security patches and after reboot it cured the problem

The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back

u are experiencing memroy leak issue, u have to contact microsoft pss to get a hotfix, that's it.

when i have lsass.exe issue, i will call them at first hand, bear in mind, all the calls are free of charge, if related to hotfix, security vulernbility, sp issue, the technical router will redirect ur call to the right team. and ur issue is NOT alone for sure, so they know what's going on in a couple of minutes.

i had a cusoter called me for such issues, he said it took them forever to resolve it and spoent a lot of $$$ on consultancy. lol.

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back