Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LS2208 skip first and last character

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlado212

MIS
Apr 4, 2016
SK

Hello,

I would like to set up my LS2208 scanner to skip first letter (if there it is) and simultaneously skip last letter. For example
there are 2 types:
first A2837463927
second type 2837463927B

Is there any way how to set it up, to allways scan as 2837463927?

Thank you

Have you read through the various Manuals on the LS2208?
If so then you should know if programability in a manner like you need is even possible.

If not I'd suggest that you start there.

Regardless, what you want sounds like something more readily done in the software that receives the data from the LS2208.

You don't say if the recipient software is an off-the-shelf application or if it is an in-house developed application.
If in-house, then you are likely to have the means of eliminating whatever you want from the LS2208 data.
If off-the-shelf, your chances of getting a modification like that is dependent on how customizable the software might be and how 'open' the developers might be to introducing changes.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back