Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lpstat - whats the oldest message queued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riteshis

Programmer
Aug 14, 2009
GB
Hi guys,

Got a question for you...

Using solaris 10, we've got some printers added, but added as windows printers, i.e, they are hanging of a windows print server.. this means that if there are items queued up for the printer then, although we can see the items using an lpstat -R command, the datestamp of the items always resolves to the current timestamp on the unix environment. I reckon that this is because the jobs have already been sent to the windows print server, and as a result lpstat can't query the real time stamps of the jobs.

Now..., I guess there must be some way around it as I can add the printers onto my pc and then query them, so I'm assuming there may be some way (maybe using a java app???) that might be able to query these windows print queues from solaris.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Much appreciated!!!
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back