Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LPAR Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Henry Jones I

Systems Engineer
Jun 27, 2019
US
Hello
I have been using AIX for some time, but working with LPARS and HMCs / VIOS / etc is a new challenge for me.

I have been tasked with setting some LPARS to run AIX. I have the following:
HMC V8R8.7.0
VIOS x 2 2.2.6.10

The current configuration was set up before my time at this company. Very few build docs were left.

I have the initial LPAR set up, CPU, RAM, etc. I also have FCS adapters on the client LPAR configured, with matching FC adapters on the two VIOS servers.

Now, here is where I get fuzzy. From what I have read, I must create a vfchost on the VIOS to map the connection from the client FC to the server shared FC on the VIOS. I have run cfgdev, to no result. Yes, this is intended to use NPIV. I do not want to flood this thread with a bunch of screen shots, so if I need to provide some level of detail, and I will oblige with listings or screen caps

I thank you in advance for any assistance and replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back