Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lowering Music on hold volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPhoneguy

Technical User
Nov 25, 2005
CA
I am having a problem with 1 location reporting the music on hold is too loud. We are running this site with CCME pointing back to CCM here at our HQ.

How do I lower the volume for the MOH for this one site?

I am new to Call Manager (Nortel is my thing) so any help would be appreciated.

under system parameters select the publisher server and "Cisco MOH Audio Translator" as the service.

Once the page loads click on the advanced tab and change the "Default MOH Volume Level" to say -30db to start out with and update.

Then go to
C:\Program Files\Cisco\MOH\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere

and drop all your MOH files in that folder. Wait for the files to disappear from the folder.

Test MOH volume. Repeat above procedure and adjust the db's until MOH volume is acceptable.

If you are talking about MOH with CCME then there is a restriction. Not sure what version of CME you have but here is the restriction below.

The volume level of a MOH file cannot be adjusted through Cisco IOS software, so it cannot be changed when the file is loaded into the flash memory of the router. To adjust the volume level of a MOH file, edit the file in an audio editor before downloading the file to router flash memory.

Here is the link:

Hope this helps.

MC

sorry did not see you were looking for ccme. The instructions I gave you are for call manager.

So if the MOH came with CCME, will I have to export the file to an audio editor, lower the volume, and then import it back in?

Okay, does any one know how to raise the music on hold volume? Is it the same way or no? This is for Call Manager version I believe like 4.X.

LoL! No worries, was in the same settings! Just another one of those id10t errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back