Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low volume on IP calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanyed02

Programmer
May 30, 2008
US
Customer has an IP500, running 4.1(12) at main location. PPP T-1 between main loaction and another location across town. Main location using 5400 phones, remote using 5620'2 and 5610's. Call quality between two locations is excellent, if you are dialing another extension. There are two users at remote location that are in main reception group, and answer incoming calls. If they answer, call volume is always very low, almost too faint to carry on conversation. Even when volume on phone is all the way up. This happens only on Incoming/Outgoing calls, as extension to extension calling is superb.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance... :)

What type of lines are they using?

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I apologize, forgot to state that customer has 5 analog lines at main location. Any ideas?

Loop start, caller ID. I believe the provider is TDS.

Any comments or thoughts on Increasing the Rx Gain, lowering the echo cancelation, or changing impendence to Alternate 2 on each of the ananlog trunks? I will play with these settings today and report back as to what the results are.

I'd increase the TDM -> IP gain and the IP -> TDM gain on the extensions VOIP tab first...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I had this same problem when I installed a temporary demo switch. On all ip extn id's, do not leave codec to auto. Select either 8k or 64 k and it will fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back