Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low virtual memory in ccm6 publisher 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILIRC

Technical User
Nov 11, 2010
AL
hello to everyone ,
i am newbie to this forum and i began recently to deal with ccm.
when i control Pub from RTMT it says "Low Available Virtual memory". description:java#1 uses most of the memory (870 MB).

I say it is normal that java takes the big part of memory,or it` s just an alert that ccm server needs maintenance (reboot)?? before i can take any action i need your advice.

many thanks in advance!!

System version: 6.0.1.3121-1

This version is old and very buggy. You probalby running into a memory leak through a service,(TOMCAT, etc), therefore the error.
Reboot the servers to clear the memory leak for short term fix.

i just reboot Publisher,now everything seems OK.I`m gonna wait till tomorrow by the end of the day when load hits the server.
We upgraded one year ago from ccm 5,but i can see that there are a lot of complaints about ccm6.
but i have a simple question ;if i need an upgrade,which it would be the best version ccm 7 or 8 ,cause i`m gonna to discuss with my boss??

thanks a lot about the solution.
any help would be appreciated!!!

definately 8. go to the latest. Make sure your hardware can handle 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back