Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low cost VPN router for 9608's and 5610's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeLB

Programmer
Jan 21, 2011
US
We acquired a new customer that currently has an IPO R9.1 with 5600 series VPN phones working off of their sonicwall tz router. They purchased 9608's and although we have been able to build the tunnel, traffic is not passing through to the IPO.

I've gotten netgear fvs/fvx routers to work in the past but I know they are somewhat dated. Does anyone have a cheap suggestion VPN router that would support both 9600 and 5600 phones? The router is only used for their VPN phones and local IP phones.

TZ 200? Works with our 9608's 9611's... you sure you're configured right? I'd double check.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

If you configure the VPN on 9608 the same way that on 5600 there's no reason it shouldn't work.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I can't stand Sonicwall myself. We have had great success and love the brand Mikrotik. Very SIP and IP aware devices

In setting up VPN phones on Sonicwalls I seem to recall that the Protected Net field was sometimes an issue. Certain implementations refused to work without it populated and certain ones refused to work with it populated. The problem was exactly as you described, tunnel established but no passed traffic. Try adding/removing the protected net field from the phone and see if that makes a difference.

SIP ALG doesn't have anything to do with VPN Phones, although H.323 Transformations should be disabled.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back