Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOV from Database with SQL hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ced62

Programmer
Aug 27, 2003
FR
Hi,

I need to have a lov from a database object with SQL hand. If somebody have informations ...

ex : where begin_date = @prompt('Choose a date','D',{table.date},mono,constrained)

where table.date is a column of a table

Thanks

Ced,

I think you mean free Hand SQL. You can't have LOV's with Free Hand SQL only hard coded LOV's and not a dynamic one which picks from the DB Tables. Like I mentioned a lot of times in this forum and other forums try to reduce the Free Hand SQL. Use it only for extreme cases. Still you need to have something for your report if you already have a universe for the purpose then what you can do is select the Universe and change the SQL instead of selecting Free Hand SQL in the first case. If you do that then you are telling the BO to use the Universe but you can change the SQL to have the LOV as per your needs.

Sri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back