Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loudspeaker Paging Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubla

MIS
Dec 23, 2002
US
Customer has an R6 and I installed a paging amplifier and overhead speakers awhile back. Everything worked beautifully and solved the feedback problem. However, the power went out or something happened to the system and when the customer restored it he realized he had not backed it up since we did the overhead paging solution.

Question: How did I program this? haha. I remember the button the phones for I70. But they get a fast busy. I think I had to tell the system what line was the paging line but don't remember how. I saw for R7 someone on here said #617 but that doesn't work? What are the exact steps from start to finish for this to work again?

The Partner ACS (R7) has to be told which line is used for the system paging function. The (R6) has a paging marked "Page".

If memory serves me, you need to put a "*" in front of the 70 so it would be I*70.

If I'm mistaken, someone will chime in with the correct sequence. [bigsmile]

Whoops.....My 2nd sentence should have said "The (R6) has a dedicated jack marked "Page". [purpleface]

If that's the case then when I hit Intercom 70 with no * it gives me a fast busy. If I hit I*70 it also gives me a fast busy. So I'm missing something? Do you have to use a calling group if you're using an external amplifier?

The fast busy almost sounds like a R7 processor without the Paging Line configured - The R7 processor uses an incoming line port for the PA amplifier. The R6 processor has a dedicated 'PAGE' jack for the PA amp.

You don't have to use a calling group for JUST overhead paging... I70 is Loudspeaker Paging, I*70 is Simultaneous Paging, in which the page is heard from both the loudspeaker pager and the speakers of any idle system phones in Calling Group #1. If Calling Group #1 was empty, you should only get the fast busy with I*70, but I70 should still be connecting you to the loudspeaker paging.

I just installed a PA amp on a R6 processor, and I didn't have to configure anything for the Overhead Paging; I just plugged in the amp and calls to I70 went through without a hitch.

Maybe it is an R7. If so, would the #617 work? I have an R6 here and that may be why the 617 didn't work.

If it's an R7, then yes. #617 tells the processor which line port the paging amp is hooked to.. It's not used in R6 because the R6 processor has the dedicated jack, so it always knows where to send loudspeaker pages. =]

Feature 59 is useful from a display phone - it tells you the system release number. =]

If you dial ICM 70 you will get The overhead page only. ICM *70 will get the overhead page - and- paging thru the speakers of any phone programmed in page group 1(Icm *71's group)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back