Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loud Horn for 2 Extensions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcarpetmovers

Technical User
Jun 22, 2014
US
I am trying to figure out the best way to make a loud horn in the plant to ring when calls come in one to different extension numbers and calls from the auto attendant. For example I have ext-4509 for the Plant Supervisor and Ext-4505 for the Lab and selector code for both of these departments via the auto attendant. I assigned an extension 6565 for the horn since it is a simple analog device.

I am able to dial 6565 and the horn sounds and I am able to get the horn to sound if I use Internal Mobility Twinning Ext-6565 with one of the extensions but I can not seem to get both extensions 4505 and 4509 to do this at the same time. Any suggestions?

It should work if you use mobile twinning instead of internal twinning.

Another way would be to create two collective groups with one of your users and the horn as members. Let the AA point to the group instead of the user.

You can let it ring for both(or more) extensions for external calls but not for internal calls,it will disable VM usage.
I never tested it but if someone calls with a call on hold for transfer it may work as well as these calls are presented as external.
For direct external calls:
Great a group with the analog bell extension as a member
For each user set the above group as "Coverage group" in User>Telephony>Supervisor settings.
If a external call ring the extension it will ring the user in the covearge group after the time the call would normally go to voicemail, the original extension will continue ringing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back