Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Sametime on Metaframe XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoarDBL

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
AU
Hi,

I'm running a Metaframe XPe server farm on 2K srv and am trying to install Lotus Sametime ver 2.5

Sametime installs without error on the server. Then to customise for each user we install on their mapped network drive y:\lotus\sametime. Then we map a shortcut in their citrix session to their y:\lotus\sametime directory.

Problem is when a user logs into citrix and starts sametime it is run out of the servers drive. When the first person logs in and sets up sametime, anyone who logs in after them automatically get their settings. Even if you open up their y drive and run sametime from within the y:\lotus\sametime directory it still diverts to the servers version.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, removing access from the servers drive etc but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
RoarDBL.

It sounds like there is a resitry setting from the initial installation that is modifying the settings for Sametime. Try searching the servers registry for the server install location in hopes to find the right key to change.

I've never used that program before, but have had the same exact symtoms you describe, except with a different program.

The problem ended up being an .ini file that was used by the program. Each user had their own .ini file, but since the app wasn't "multi-user" aware, when the .ini was set up it was configured with a value of "machine name=servername"

Everyone ended up with the same "machine name". I went into each user's own .ini file, and changed the machine name to their login name, and everything worked great.

The .ini file was stored in the user's root drive, if you are using root drives. Also, that app may not use "machine name" per se, but if you look around you may find something that is similar and set the same for each user.

Hope this helps,
SeanFlynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back