Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes to Exchange 2003 migration wizard error

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade2black24

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2005
US
I am migrating my company from Notes to Exchange 2003. I am going through the migration wizard to test the migration using a few dummy accounts. I get up to the point where the wizard asks for the hierarchical name of the Notes server. It has the correct server name in the list (and it is the only one listed), so I select it and click Next. This is where I get the error. It says:

Failed to get a list of users from the Lotus Notes name and address book for server...

Details: "Unable to find path to server"

I can connect to the Notes server fine with the client I installed on the Exchange server. I have tried both version R5 and R6.5.3 of the client and get the same results with both.

I believe it is pulling the correct Notes server out of the notes.ini file in the client directory, but I don't know why it is unable to find the path when the client connects fine without any issues at all.

I am far from a Notes expert, which is one of the MANY reasons I am glad we are leaving Notes and going to Exchange!!

Any ideas why this is erroring out and how I can fix it?

Hmm so you can ping your domino server?
I successfully do this - version 5.0.13 of client.

Does the notes user have full permissions to domino?

have you rebooted?

is the c:\lotus\notes in the path?

Yes, I can ping the server as well as log into the Domino server from the client on the Exchange box. I am using my Notes account and I have Notes Admin permission. The servers reboot every night and I have been trying this for well over a week! =)

Yes, the path is correct, it must be in there for the wizard to find the notes.ini file in the previous step.

Thanks!

That was it. Thank You! I don't know how I missed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back