Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Import from Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ask4help

Technical User
Mar 1, 2007
US
I am using Lotus Notes 6.5 and I have an Excel spreadsheet that I have saved as a 123 (.wk4) file. In Lotus Notes I imported the file using File Import. I then used the following critera:

Import as: Main Document
Using form: To Do
Defined by the WKS title: this is turned on
WKS Range name: this is null
Calculate fields on form during document import: this is turned on

Everything seems to import fine but the views do not display the due date

After an import you need to refresh the documents. I suggest that you create an agent with the formula @Command([ToolsRefreshSelectedDocs]). You then select the documents you have imported and start the agent.
Then you should be able to see your imported documents in the view properly.
Now you have an additional problem in that you are importing ToDo documents. There are date elements that have their importance on this kind of document. Are you sure that all fields are properly filled in your data file ?

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

This does not seem to have any effect. I created the agent and copied your formula into it. The agent runs but it doesn't fix the issue. However if I open the task and click Save and Close then it works. So I think we are on the right track. Any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back