Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes... Encrypted Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrob2010

Technical User
Dec 14, 2010
GB
Hi All,

I did a data collection the other day of a few machines for a legal matter. These machines were using Lotus Notes.

The NSF's are encrypted, but it's fine as i have the user.id and the passwords... So i thought.

It seems that some of the databases are locked down so i cant turn the encryption off. In the database properties, all the options and "change-able" data is greyed out. Almost as though i have access, just not access to modify the database properties.

I can see a few ways around this, but would like to see how others have dealt with it. It's becomming a problem because im about to feed it through my processing cluster. I have had to set all my worker boxes to use the original user.id file. Obviously this is painful because i need to re-assign the user-id for each custodians inbox.

So my questions:
1) Any way to remove that encryption? Properties -> Encryption Settings -> Do not locally encrypt is greyed out.

2) I'm thinking if i can create a copy of the database to a new NSF, Lotus might drop some of the local permissions and allow me to turn off encryption. If so, how do i make a copy that copies all the templates etc.

3) Any way to stop the password prompt when lotus notes starts under the user id? (not the best, but at least i will not have to enter the password multiple times when processing)

Thanks all in advance
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back